Suseni is a commune situated southwestwards 12 km from Gheorgheni. The village was first mentioned as Wijfalw in 1567. In 1576 it was already a thriving parish. The small church built in a place named Barátos collapsed in 1762. The present Sarlós Boldogasszony (Our Lady) church was built between 1825 and 1830, its tower in 1844. The laws of the commune were enacted in 1581, it is the oldest document of its kind in Szeklerland. In 1596 upon the Gál András revolt the commune was burned to ashes, as the revolted Székely people tried to stop the troops of Báthory Zsigmond and Apafi Miklós. The dead were buried in a place called Sírhalom. In 1630 and in 1658 it was devastated by the Tatars. In 1707 the Austrians defeated Both András's Kuruc troops, then they set the commune on fire. The monument near the road to Voşlăbeni treasures the memories of the battle. In 1717 the plaque devastated in the commune.
A curiosity for those interested might be a visit to the largest quarry in Romania, from where cobblestones and different raw materials are transported to all corners of the country. Its riches also include the existence of many springs of mineral water.